y name is Luke Barbour, and I am a Person-Centred therapist. I work with clients in a beautiful rural area in Cragg Vale, near Hebden Bridge. I offer affordable therapy to as wide a range of people as possible.
This website aims to give you information about the way in which I work. All counsellors are different, and this means that the relationship between client and counsellor will always be unique. I want this website to enable you to make an informed decision as to whether I am the right counsellor for you.
You might be wanting counselling for many reasons, such as:
- Depression or feelings of unhappiness. These feelings may appear to have no basis - “I feel down but I don’t know why”, or there maybe a specific reason - "My marriage is falling apart"
- Excessive drug or alcohol use, and the underlying issues associated with this
- Anxiety, stress or panic-attacks
- The death of someone close
- Difficulties in relationships, with people such as partners, parents, children, friends or work colleagues
- Identity. This may raise questions such as “Who am I?” or “Where am I going with my life?”
I can work with you and give you the opportunity to explore your own difficulties, and gain an understanding of yourself. Through this process, you will find your own answers to your problems.